Sunday, September 26, 2004

Whooping Cough Update

Well, it's almost a month later, and guess what: still have it. Not as bad as it was before. I don't choke, but rapid changes in air temperature still trigger a lesser fit, and I usually have a few bouts in the morning, but it's only a few times a day, and the severity is much less, thank goodness. I had a cold last week, and the runny nose made it worse, because of the post-nasal drip. Not a good combination. I still cough so hard I invariably get teary eyes. People still think I'm dying and expect me to answer their concerned questions immediately following a fit, which is of course completely impossible, as it takes me about a minute to recover my speaking ability.


But it's nothing compared to what I had before. I would never wish this on anyone I know, love or even hate. So avoid it at all costs, get your kids immunized, and take a booster if/when it becomes available on the market!

No comments: