Monday, December 24, 2007

Family Christmas in Boston

This week I finally got to meet my little nephew, born last May. He's a gorgeous little man, fairly even-tempered, and loves to smile at us a lot. Nice to finally meet you, Cristian!

Christmas with the family in Boston has had its usual fireworks, especially with my brother. My father and sister (and later my mother) and I have had some very honest and vulnerable discussions that I think have led to a much better situation for all of us, which I'm grateful for. Unfortunately, that didn't happen with my brother, and he left this afternoon. Too bad.

Tomorrow shopping and a movie before my niece's Christmas play and Christmas Eve dinner. Most of the presents have already been opened due to my brother's strange schedule, so not sure exactly what we're going to do on Christmas Day! On Boxing Day we take the Amtrak train back to New Amsterdam (New York) and on the 27th we fly back to Old Amsterdam. We're looking forward to seeing friends for their pre-New Year's Eve party, though we've yet to figure out what we're doing for New Year's Eve!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

No comments: