Saturday, August 13, 2005

For 10 years he was the sweetest and most loving cat in the world. In the last four years his behavior has slowly spiralled out of control to the point where we just couldn't deal with him anymore. He was my oldest and dearest friend in this country, and the decision to have him put to sleep was one of the most difficult I've ever made. I shed many a tear today (and suspect there are more to come), and I will miss his sweet soul dearly. And at the same time I'm glad our home life can go back to some semblance of normalcy. I love you and I'll miss you Inaki. Holding you in my arms as you slipped away was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do in my life. And at the same time, I'm glad you left this world without pain and in the arms of the parent you've known your entire life, and not of some stranger. God bless you and goodbye.

No comments: