Thursday, October 27, 2005

What a difference a few days can make...


After that last post, I sunk into the depths of dispair and fear. It drove me crazy to only have use of one eye and I had essentially lost all my energy for a week. The frequent trips to the doctor and hospital put me back to bed for the rest of the day each time I went. But in the middle of this week, things began to turn around. The sores stopped coming, my eye slowly started opening, the pain started to subside a bit, and I started to get my energy back.

For shingles, this is just a few hairs short of a miracle. Usually it lasts much longer and is much worse in intensity. Looks like I managed to get off relatively easy compared to the experiences of others who live with it for weeks and end up with chronic pain afterwards. So I'm going to rest up for the remainder of this week, start getting some work done at home (am now up-to-date on e-mail and got a draft presentation out this afternoon), have a relaxing weekend and get outside into the beautiful outdoors and recharge my batteries to be ready to go back to work on Monday. The truth is I'm completely stir-crazy and can't wait to get back. Well, at least this week at home managed to get me almost caught up on the first season of Lost...

No comments: