Monday, August 28, 2006

Ma Turns 70


IMG_3455, originally uploaded by Christo's POV.

I had the honor of attending Wilbert's Mother's 70th birthday party yesterday. There was more family there than I had ever seen, and it was really fun. I'm sort of jealous of Wilbert for having all his family so close by, and is often the case with someone who has that luxury, he doesn't seem to fully appreciate it. And there are some really nice people among them as well! I was especially impressed with his Uncle Piet, who even at his ripe old age is still very interested in internet, satellite TV, and all sorts of other technologies. Cool guy!

He insisted (and quite rightly so) that the immediate family get together for a photo. With Caroline living in France, they don't get to see each other that often. Was also nice to meet Perry's new girlfriend, who seemed like a really nice gal and a major improvement over the last one. :-)

In general, I feel really lucky to be able to enjoy my partner's family, since my own is so far away.

1 comment:

Timo said...

We need a new post, Gurl! how was madonna?