Sunday, September 16, 2007

Not just for roofs anymore!

The stress of the last three months (wedding, work and upcoming surgery) has earned me another ride on the Shingles Express. Not what I needed a week before surgery.

The left side of my upper back has been hurting for about a week, and physical therapy didn't help (though drugs did a bit). Seized up and irritated - sort of a burning sensation with occasional shots of severe pain if I stressed it too much (mostly due to poor posture).

This morning a fairly sizable rash appeared on my side - long and blistery. I put 2 and 2 together and headed to the emergency clinic where the doctor agreed with my diagnosis and prescribed me valacyclovir and a lidocaine salve. Said he usually wouldn't give me anything, but that considering my upcoming surgery, a more aggressive approach was called for.

To top it all off, I'm sitting at the airport on my way to England for three days (doctor told me there was no reason I couldn't). So not happy about being away from home too. At least it will be three fairly calm days of training.

So that's all my moaning and whining for now. Wish me luck!

No comments: