Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Doing great!

Hey y'all, whassup?!?!

Life here is good. Week 3 post-surgery and feeling great!

Catch-up

Work is crazy right now - had to cancel a trip to London at the last minute because there's so much going on at work I need to take care of, but the good news is that I have the energy to take it on! Took me about 2-3 weeks to bounce back, but I'm good now!

Had some dear friends over from the U.S. (Las Vegas and San Francisco) to visit. We spent a gorgeous Saturday together weekend before last. It was great that both the ladies had had weight-loss surgery as well (2-3 years ago) and had booked impressive results - like 250 lbs. between the two of them. They were great support. Was fun to see you, Karen & John and Virginia & Michael!

In the retail therapy department, I've now definitively tossed all Windows-based PC's out of the house (except Wilbert's) and am now running three Mac's and a total Apple ecosystem with AppleTV and iPod's. LOVE IT! It actually works with very little trouble. Once I'd converted to Vista, I'd totally lost faith in PC's. The Dutch Consumer Protection Union has even called for a boycott of Vista because there have been so many complaints. My latest addition is a 24-inch new iMac... LOVE IT! Takes up next to no space and is gorgeous. Multi-tasks like a dream (mostly) and have finally completed the first wedding video (NL version) with it. So from now on, call me Big Mac Daddy! But in about a year you'll have to start cutting out the "Big" part. :-)

Yesterday had my first truly solid meal in three weeks. 100 grams of beef tenderloin (tiny), a sweet potato and mixed steamed veggies. I was in heaven! Tasted better than anything I'd ever eaten. And I handled it just fine and was also totally satisfied. Hope this continues!

One problem I have is that after a couple weeks of inactivity (except for some good walks), my back is pretty weak about about 5 a.m., no matter what position I've been sleeping in, it starts to hurt. Sometimes I can get back to sleep, sometimes not, so haven't been sleeping very well as a result. Think I'll go to physical therapy again.

Starting to enjoy Joost (not the guy who works for me, the Internet video service!). Sort of cool to have in a window on my desktop while I'm writing or surfing. Give it a try.

That's the general update for now! Oh, also welcome to our new little neighbor baby, Jason and congratulations Darren and Annette!

No comments: